What's wrong with me? :\

Go down

What's wrong with me? :

Post by Guest on Wed May 21, 2014 12:30 pm

Ohh.. I listening Trance music since 2005 year. Now is 2014 and I’m 25 year old. I have work, wife, and little son Smile (i really love him Embarassed)

Since 2010 year I just can't F$#king plug phones and easylistening trance. It always remembers my previous episodes of life.

Tones of new tracks don't make me happy, because I lived in golden period of trance music...

I listening Armin, Above & Beyond, Aly & Fila and many good producers live on openair and indoor. I'm f%^^$ watch ArminOnly live at once... It was brilliant! I can't find words to describe my feelings.

Now all of this new trance tracks don't make me happy... Ok... I start listening my old favorite tracks and feel nostalgy. That nostalgy ruined me. So sad…

I tried to listening another genre of music but it's not the same.

Lounge, rock, house etc... It's S%$t  

Nothing can't make me happy like Trance in 2006-2008 years.

P.S. my English so poor... excuse me plz  Cool

Back to top Go down

Re: What's wrong with me? :\

Post by Oaky Doaky on Wed May 21, 2014 8:15 pm

I think your right to a certain extent. Trance is not as good as it was. But we have to live in hope. That's what keeps me going, just searching for new material. There is still some decent music and producers around, so don't give up hope my friend.
Oaky Doaky
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu May 22, 2014 7:37 am

Yes the quality of new trance music not so good. But I mean different...

After 9 years listening Trance (old, classic, good… like ALT+F4, Thrillsekeers, Signalrunners etc...) now I lost all of my interest. I want to say... I'm killing my interest in trance music.

How I said in previous post. Trance music ruined me when I start listening it regularly and try to immerse into music.

Then I stop listening all of my favorite music in attempt to forgot all of emotions i'll feeling in past.

I think it's stupid decision. But it was hard period of my life. Too many changes in short period of time. Too many memories. I know that I can’t turn back my life. But it was so sweet period. I mean now I’m happy too...

Ohh think I lost myself in memories.

Smile Just wanna speak with someone about this feelings...

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno Louiz on Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:42 am

Brother. I share your feelings. I have 30yo, almost 31. I have been listening to Trance almost since from the beggining. I can say as our life goes on, our feelings and way to see things goes on the same way. Today I say, I'm more open for music then I was years ago. Trance will always be my passion, but I can't wait for a new scene. Living in Brazil, I feel extremely sad, cause there is no place for Tranc here. Last time I enjoyed was with Armin in March 2013. Believe me, I was there only to "be there". Today I keep tracking for newcomers but with no hope. Today, browsing CW I was trying to remember at least one last release from producers I use to like and "voilá", only Sunchatcher is there. Where are Onova, Andy Blueman, Daniel Kani, A&B and many others? Probably they got tired. Not mention the money they already have which makes them feel confortable to stop producing.

To finish and make you understand I can set an example.

When I was 15 to 21yo, I used to love New Metal scene more than Trance. (yes, I left Trance for any others particular things that happened to me, not saying just ROCK make me abandon everything.

Then, New Metal was o fire with plenty of band like: Korn, Limp Bizkit, Deftones and a lot of names that probably most of you never heard before. Everything started at 1998-98 then goes to 2005-06. It means the scene had its own moment and there is nothing wrong with, but what is really wrong is the media. There is no space for everyone. Just money move things. Trance isn't more so attractive for non-trancers. Like New Metal. Theses bands are old, all their new cds are trash. Whem they came here I feel like an idiot cause I don't know half of their new songs.

Trance for me is forever on my heart and my soul. It is just a state of mind. The more you wait for a change, the more you'll be disappointed. Just do as I do: listen carefuly al ne tracks and keep those that touchs your heart.

Just to remind you: I have a lot of friends and none of them know a bit of what Trance is.

J. R. R. Tolkien producers fans

John O'Callaghan - Riders Of Rohan (Original Mix)
Andrew Cash - Osgiliath (Original Mix)
Andy Elliass - Nargothrond (Original Mix)
Blue Horizon - There And Back Again (Original Mix)
Saman and Farzam Ft. Allam - Arwen (Original Mix)
Bruno Louiz
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveDeluxe on Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:14 am

oh thats realy great to read my friend ...i have the same problem and all the time i ask me the same question : whats wrong with me !!! i'm a little older Smile and i listen our music over 20 years now ..the beginning was not from this world realy ..when it was some kind of special and the people look at you like you are an alien ..hehe ..but the music was my LIFE for bad and good times ..and now it s a long time i need hours ..day s ..episodes of time to find some tune who gives me something real ..thats sad and some kind of big crazy thing ...hmmm
DaveDeluxe

Back to top Go down

Post by Oaky Doaky on Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:22 pm

If I feel a little disillusioned with the trance scene, and believe me there are times when I do, I just go back and listen to some classic trance. This scene is not that different from other music scenes. It goes through phases. When I look at the current pop scene I see the same problem. The same old shit is being churned out week after week.

I always live in hope that new producers with new material will emerge, and occasionally we do hear some innovative material. I wouldn't give up hope on trance. It's like Bruno says it's a passion.
Oaky Doaky
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:37 am

Thx friends! It's so good that i still can find some moral help from peoples just like me! Now i feel new emotional wave and last month i'm listening trance more easy and take more pleasure. Try to find some place in my soul for new trance music!

Back to top Go down

Post by Melotrancer on Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:51 am

they are still trance tracks and artists i listen to, but less than in past you're absolutely right...Sad i'm a bit older too Razz listening to trance music since 1994 (!)

but i never leaved the scene, instead i'm looking for "similiar" genres... for me the melodic progressive house gives me the happiness, which i've got with trance music passed days... do you have checked our section here???? many stunning labels and artist around there, which are filling my computer and mp3player as well...

check it out, and do not loose hope in good music , there IS good music!!!! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by An2 on Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:35 am

Bruno Louiz wrote:Brother.  Where are Onova, Andy Blueman, Daniel Kani, A&B and many others? Probably they got tired. Not mention the money they already have which makes them feel confortable to stop producing.

above & beyond is obviously stil there but they've decided (like so many others), the grass is greener on the other side.
the yank$$ with their 'EDM' shite have just completely changed the market. so basically, if you don't get signed to any of the big labels, you don't get bookings and there's just no living to make out of producing anymore.

An2

Back to top Go down

Post by An2 on Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:08 am

i feel completely the same. i began listening around 2004 and started going out in 2005.coming from a country that is one of the pioneers of trance i was clubbing  every weekend. trance was absolutely booming, you could see Armin, Ferry and Oakenfold this week, and Tiesto and PvD the other week.
now half of these guys have gone shit and even in holland there's hardly any trance events anymore. went FSOE vs Subculture this weekend and it was great, also got luminosity beach in a few weeks but event's like this are rare these days. Only the Big room shows, like ASOT, seem to sell out and since this sort of events attract the 'new generation' i feel like a stranger and wondering where did it all go wrong?
when i started clubbing people didn't care about decoration, in whatever #team they are, if they belong to #Trancefamily and all this other bullshit.
because, they were there for the music and to dance, nothing else!
now everyone seems busy with getting to front row, waving their stupid flags, taking photo's and stare at the dj like he's a god.

i must sound so old writing this lol Razz

but music was just smarter back in the day, i remember untill 2010 going online every monday and there were like 15-20 good tunes and now there's only 2-4 good releases each week.
it's very difficult to find nice dreamy, floating trance. i just feel now it's either Trouse of Bosh.

So no, nothing's wrong with you, we all miss this days so bad!

Last edited by An2 on Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

An2

Back to top Go down

Post by Niko on Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:22 pm

Looooooool! I kinda thought i was one of the few here who stopped listening to trance entirely....
When im here only thing i browse is the other edm section....kinda makes me feel like a traitor to be honest... x)
I still remember most of you guys from trancefix in the good old days.....
I've just gave the new trance section a try once more and it really hurts my heart if i hear where the trance genre is going. Im not suprised so many ppl stop listening to trance.
If u ask me its all shitty excuses they try to label trance that the producers make nowadays....

Damn, im even at a point where im weekly buying and collecting old trance cd's and cassettes from '96 till '06 now off of ebay.
Just to get that same old feeling when i was listening trance 10 years ago! Tbh its working for me tho! And also, most cds and cassettes are in the range of 3 to 8 euro. So im having a laugh here! (bought paul oakenfold - Global Underground Oslo and tranceport new and sealed for 3 euro both yest! xD)

Or, you guys should try and listen some progressive!
It filled the trance gap for me. And im not talking that shitty progressive house in the edm section.
That stuff too sounds all alike! >_<

Im talking Hernan Cattaneo, Henry Saiz, Microtrauma, Sasha, John Digweed, Nathan Fake and so on...
Theres so many beautiful music around! You have to learn to appreciate it at first, but when u do, you'll find so many new gems!
We just have to accept the golden days are over and move on, because its never coming back... *sob*
Niko

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:31 pm

Niko wrote:
We just have to accept the golden days are over and move on, because its never coming back... *sob*

Well said!

The whole world already loose "trance" as a music genre. This music stay in past on all of this CD's that i burned with all my love and still keep it on my shelf.

I start again to listening trance since 3 month and now i can turn on Anjunabeats vol1 or A State of Trance 2006 and easy listening it. It's good!

Because 3-4 mounts early if i only hear a sound of Armin's "Serenity" or Above's "Home" I’m immediately start to feel this stupid melancholy and wanted to get gun and shooting my head right now.

How about "trance" today? Well I’m like some... But ok... Now it can't make me happy like in 2006. But man! It' about 8 years past! Lol i have wife and little boy! Ofcourse I’m change! Internet change! Peoples change! All across is change! It's fucking time! And we can’t stop it’s…so sad Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Solutioni9e on Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:21 pm

I agree with most of you. Trance, for me, was at its best in 2006 and 2007. After 2007, it just spiraled downward and the new dubstep twist ruined it all. You can clearly tell the difference in ASOT Yearmix 2007 and 2008.

I've moved on to Progressive House, Breaks and other genres of the sort. Radio shows like Nocturnal and MistiqueMusic Showcase are awesome.
Solutioni9e

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down