RELAUNCH OF CHATBOX

Go down

RELAUNCH OF CHATBOX

Post by Oaky Doaky on Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:07 am

tbott has asked why no one uses the Chatbox section on Cloudwalkers. It's a question I can't really answer. So does anyone else here have an opinion as to why this facility is so underused.

Is it a Language barrier, do members not care, do members just want to download and contribute nothing back. Does anyone have any thoughts on this.

Please comment.
Oaky Doaky
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Re: RELAUNCH OF CHATBOX

Post by Oaky Doaky on Thu May 03, 2018 7:17 am

Still no comments.
Oaky Doaky
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Tranceformator on Thu May 03, 2018 12:34 pm

Well to be honest I think the language barrier has to do with it. I had the chance to be a student of English so I'm pretty much fluent but I guess that for someone who does not use English everyday it must not be easy or even enjoyable to think again and again before typing.

Also I have the feeling that the vast majority of the members aren't there on a regular basis and come here every monday evening to check for the new releases. I feel it there was more involvement this forum could be a hell lot better. Still it's a good place but I sometimes miss the passionate discussions I sometimes have on Trancefix for instance.

Also the fact that I no longer listen to mp3 (and thus never download any 0day releases) doesn't help. But I enjoy helping in the request section and sharing rarities if I can find some.

All those facts mixed together don't make it easy for us to meet and chat. As time goes by I feel more and more that we are here on grab and go purposes and not to chat even in the topics alone.
Tranceformator
GLOBAL MODERATOR
GLOBAL MODERATOR

http://tranceformator.monsite-orange.fr/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobuss on Fri May 04, 2018 12:30 am

I never took notice from the fact there is a chatbox. Never seen. No language barrier for me. But not a real need to chat either. Use the comments on the tracks more. Thanks and keep up the good work! ciao

Cobuss

Back to top Go down

Post by Oaky Doaky on Fri May 04, 2018 3:35 am

Mabey people just don't have the time to chat for longer periods. I think most of the conversations that do occur here are done on the individual sections and tend to be shorter chats. I never installed the Chatbox on Cloudwalkers so it's not something I have feelings for either way. I do, however, like the occasional chat on the forum. So i'm not sure if it's the answer you would like tbott. Either way, and as it's not doing any harm I will leave the chatbox installed for now. It's up to members to use it if they wish and mabey in a few months it can be reviewed with a further pending.

Tranceformator is right though in that members are mainly here to download new releases. Most members can't even be bothered to thank the uploaders for their contributions. That does bother me, but what can you do.

On some other sites members are forbidden to download from certain sections until they have at least made several comments and contributed in one way or another. I don't know what people think of this idea.

One of the reasons for having the Special Members Area was to encourage users to comment more in other sections and work their way towards achieving Gold Member status to gain access to rarer tracks. Thanks to Tranceformator for uploading some beauties to that section for our more established members.

If anyone has any other comments on this topic or any other future topics please feel free to leave your thoughts here.
Oaky Doaky
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by sli on Fri May 04, 2018 6:25 am

I think forcing people to comment to obtain the download link gives a false response to shared tracks if people comment now its because they want to thank the uploader or its because the track is worth a comment.

Ild like a chat box gives the forum a more personal touch and the chance to chat should you wish to.
sli
ELITE MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Oaky Doaky on Fri May 04, 2018 6:55 am

sli wrote:I think forcing people to comment to obtain the download link gives a false response to shared tracks if people comment now its because they want to thank the uploader or its because the track is worth a comment.

Ild like a chat box gives the forum a more personal touch and the chance to chat should you wish to.

I'm really in agreement with you sli about forcing comments from members. This forum has always took pride in being a friendly forum and NOT to force anyone to comment.

I think the question was should members be limited to the forum sections until they have built up a some credibility by commenting. It's really much the same thing I guess and my view is still the same in that it should be open for everyone with mabey the odd section such as the Members Special area only available to long standing members and those who wish to contribute a little more especially as some members, in particular Tranceformator actually pay and or spend some time gathering the tracks that are in that section.
Oaky Doaky
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum